Chocolate Caramel Brownies
-1 box chocolate cake mix (German Chocolate)
-1 cup evaporated milk
-0.5 to 0.75 cups butter (1 stick, melted)
-1 10 oz. package of caramels
-2 cups chocolate chips
-1 cup nuts (optional)
1. Combine cake mix and nuts, and stir in 1/3 cup of the evaporated milk and butter. Spread half of the mix into a greased pan (use butter or non-stick spray).
2. Bake half of the cake mix for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
3. Heat caramel and remaining evaporated milk until melted. Drizzle caramel mixture over the baked cake.
4. Drop the remaining cake batter over the caramel mixture, smoothing it evenly and top with the chocolate chips.
5. Bake 25-30 minutes or until set.
6. Cut into squares.